- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
The Silva Expedition Series is for experienced users and professionals. Silva Expedition is your best choice if you want a baseplate compass with many features such as slope card and a scale lanyard.
If you are in need of a traditional baseplate compass with high-end features, the Expedition should be your choice. Silva Expedition features easy-handling rubber housing, silicon rubber feet for precision map work, detachable safety-release distance lanyard, night-enabling luminous markings, magnifying lens, a clinometer for measuring slope angle, map-measuring scales in mm or inches and GPS scales 1:25,000, 1:40 000 and 1:50,000, plus built-in adjuster for magnetic declination (including permanent local adjustment).
The slope card is great both for detecting avalanche risk and for determining how challenging your journey will be. By knowing the slope you can also judge any extra distance that you need to go due to the slope. Always take caution in steep terrain. The risk of avalanches increase if the slope is steeper than 30 degrees. The slope card will help you detect this risk.
This compass model is equipped with a detachable scale lanyard that works like a ruler. The scale lanyard has two scales on it; 1:25, and 1:50, which makes it easier to measure the distance of your hike. Since its soft and bendable it’s easy to place directly on to your route on the map when you are out in the terrain – or when you are planning for your next adventure.
- Slope card. Measure avalanche risk, slopes and extra distance.
- Detachable distance lanyard with scales to measure longer distances.
- Map measuring scales; mm, inch, GPS scales 1:24, 1:25, 1:40 and 1:50.
- Rotatable housing – use with the SILVA 1-2-3 System®
- Magnifying lens for precision map work.
- Rubber grip – easy handling
- Rubber friction feet - improved grip against map
- Built in permanent adjuster for magnetic declination.
- Luminous markings that enables night navigation.
- Robust material that withstands tough treatment and conditions.
- For advanced users and professionals